Saturday, June 11, 2011

X-men: First Class

It's nice to see the X-men movie franchise get back on track. To be more specific, start the track in "X-men: First Class." The acting was very dynamic, chemistry between Charles Xavier and Magneto (and arguably Mystique) was pretty good, and Kevin Bacon makes quite an impressive evil mastermind.  The funny thing about prequels is that if characters carry over, we know what they'll be like so we have expectations of them for their supposed past, and this film certainly delivers with the characters' wit and personality shining through with a hint of youthful naivete. I also like how the story tries to merge history with these characters, but manages to make it believable.
Overall, this film has made me NOT want to watch the first X-men movies anymore because I want to see how this storyline plays out...that good.
Indeed, what would be Scott's mutant ability? Video game effects to show up at random?

For a more entertaining (spoiler-filled!) review, go here

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought it was meh and because it's a prequel, I guess it can't help but be a predictable shit. Dare I say that McAvoy actually disappoints me in this one. Magneto definitely overshine Xavier. Again.

    ReplyDelete